The following information provides a simple overview of what happens to your personal data when you visit our DCEx website. Personal data are all data with which you can be personally identified. Information on data protection can be found in our detailed data protection declaration below this text.
Through this document, we provide you with information regarding:
- About us and our role regarding your personal information
- Which personal information we process
- Why we process your personal information
- How long we will store your personal information
- Which are the possible recipients of your personal information
- To which countries or international organization we intend to transfer your information
- How we will process your personal information
- Which are your rights regarding your personal information processed by us
- How you can exercise your rights regarding your personal information processed by us
- Other information
About us and our role regarding your personal information
DCEx “Digital City Experts – making administrative staff drivers for the digital era” is a project co-funded by the European Union Erasmus+ ΚΑ2 Support for Policy Reform programme. DCEx establishes a multi-stakeholder partnership, comprising of 6 partners in 5 EU Member-States: Austria, Finland, Germany, Italy and Sweden. The aim of the project is to set up a European training and knowledge platform that makes the digitization of cities more tangible for employees and decision makers in administrations as well as for stakeholders and citizens. The core of it will be a training offer, underpinned by a curriculum for a “Digital City Expert” with learning materials on relevant topics. It shall raise the targeted group’s awareness about opportunities and risk of Smart City solutions and enable them to control their application.
The Coordinator of the project and organization authorized to communicate on behalf of the consortium in matters related to this website is Zentrum für Digitale Entwicklung GmbH, Germany. The relevant Project Managers Mr. Georg Würffel and Mr. Johannes Roeder can be reached at info[at]digitaleentwicklung.de
Postal address of Zentrum für Digitale Entwicklung GmbH
- In der Waage 9
- 73463 Westhausen
- +49 (0) 7363 9604-30
The DCEx project, as the operator of this website, is acting as a controller regarding the personal information you are providing through this website. We take the protection of your personal data very seriously. We always treat your personal data confidentially and in accordance with the data protection regulations and this data protection declaration.
Personal information we process
- If you only use our website for information purposes (i.e. access and viewing), i.e. if you do not register or otherwise provide us with information, certain information is automatically sent to the server by which the website is kept available by the internet browser used on your device. This information is technically necessary for us to display our website to you and to ensure the stability and security of the connection and the system. Under no circumstances do we use the aforementioned data for the purpose of drawing conclusions about you personally.
- Cookies are stored on your device when you use our website, as described at the following table:
- Your e-email if you submit it through the “Subscribe to our newsletter” SIGN-UP function displayed at the bottom of each page. This e-mail address is used only in order to send you updates on the DCEx project, the DCEx partners and relevant information regarding opportunities or actions deriving from the project and the project partners.
- When using the contact form at https://digitalcityexpert.com, the following information is processed by us:
- With respect to DCEx Social Media (e.g. Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, LinkedIn and Instagram), our website provides access, through the links displayed at the bottom of the webpage. We do not retain any information on this action.
Why we process your personal information
We process your personal information provided to us as mentioned above for the following reasons:
- Information regarding your visit to the website. This information is technically necessary for us to display our website to you and to ensure the stability and security of the connection and the system.
- Your e-mail, if you submit it through the “Subscribe to our newsletter” SIGN-UP function displayed at the bottom of each page, in order to send you updates on the DCEx project, the DCEx partners and relevant information regarding opportunities or actions deriving from the project and the project partners.
- Your Name, Email address, Subject, Message if you choose to contact us through the contact form, to provide feedback on your Message.
- We manage our social media ourselves. If you send us a private or direct message via social media, it will not be shared with any other organizations. We see all this information and decide how we manage it. For example, if you send a message via social media that needs a response from us, we may process it as an inquiry or a complaint. When contacting us through a social media platform, we suggest you also familiarize yourself with the privacy information of that platform.
- Your function, country, story, name, email address, subject, message, picture if you give your consent and submit your story through the “Share your story” platform to participate in the DCEx “Share your story” contests will be displayed on the DCEx website and social media (Facebook, YouTube, LinkedIn and Instagram) as well as on the DCEx partners’ websites social media (Facebook, YouTube, LinkedIn and Instagram) and on European Commission platforms within the ec.europa.eu domain.
How long we will store your personal information
We will store the information provided based on our quality procedures:
A. Do not store personal information.
B. As described at the cookies table above.
C. 5 years.
D. As long as required for the resolution of the request and not more than 5 years.
E. As long as required for the resolution of the request and not more than 5 years.
F. 5 years.
Which are the possible recipients of your personal information
The information provided to us by you will be stored in the main information system and will be kept on a need to know basis.
Access to the data may be provided to authorized personnel of each partner of the DCEX project, to the European Union (staff relevant to the European Projects ERASMUS+), to the national authorities of each country (should need arise), to MailChimp (that manages the mail campaigns), to the website administrator, to the platform support company and the platform and infrastructure host.
In case it is necessary for your information to be shared with others, we will inform you accordingly.
To which countries or international organization we intend to transfer your information
The countries that will receive your personal information are:
Austria, Finland, Germany, Italy, and Sweden.
Your information shared on the “Share your Story” platform will be published on European Commission platforms related to VET and adult learning for the purposes of the DCEx project dissemination.
How we will process your personal information
We will collect, record, structure, store, consult, use, disseminate or otherwise make available, restrict, erase or destruct the personal data acquired by you through our website based on the above–mentioned principles while serving the specific processing purposes.
We will not use your information for profiling or for automated decision-making.
Which are your rights regarding your personal information processed by us
You have the right to request access to and rectification or erasure of the personal data retained or the restriction of processing concerning you or to object to processing as well as the right to data portability.
You have the right to withdraw consent at any time, simply by
- filling in the Contact form at http://digitalcityexpert.com/contact and adding the text “WITHDRAW CONSENT” in the message field or
- by clicking on the “Unsubscribe” link on the received newsletter or
- by sending an e-mail to […] with the title “WITHDRAW CONSENT”.
The legality of the data processing carried out before the revocation remains unaffected by the revocation.
You have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority.
The responsible supervisory authority for data protection issues is the Federal Authority “Landesbeauftragte für den Datenschutz und die Informationsfreiheit Baden-Württemberg” (https://www.baden-wuerttemberg.datenschutz.de/).
How you can exercise your rights regarding your personal information processed by us
You can contact us any time, through
- the Contact form at http://digitalcityexpert.com/contact
- through the post at the postal address of the project coordinator:
In der Waage 9; 73463 Westhausen; Germany
- through e-mail to the project coordinator, Mr. Georg Würffel at g.wuerffel[at]digitaleentwicklung.de
Where we provide links to websites of other organizations, this privacy notice does not cover how that organization processes personal information. We encourage you to read the privacy notices on the other websites you visit.